Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Welcome to the Saint Michael The Archangel Orthodox Mission. We are a registered body with the Government of Pakistan under the Registration of Societies Act XXI 1860 Registration No. SR/SGD/1030/S of 2012 At St. Michael we seek to worship in a manner consistent with the Orthodox Tradition we change nothing. We believe, as the Church has always taught, that the correct conduct of true worship must be known, practiced and passed on to the next generation of the Faithful. We provide an expression of Orthodox life and witness which is thoroughly consistent with Orthodox Apostolic Tradition.
Thursday, August 25, 2016
- I am the Lord Thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not make for thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; thou shalt not bow down to them, nor serve them.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days thou shalt labor and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God.
- Honor thy father and thy mother, that it may be well with thee, and that thy days may be long upon the earth.
- Thou shalt not murder.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, nor his field … nor anything that is thy neighbor’s.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the sons of God.
- Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven.